Do you own your home?
HERE’S WHAT’S INCLUDED IN A STANDARD HOMEOWNER’S POLICY:
- Dwelling Coverage Protects your home and any structures attached to it against covered losses.
- Other structures A gazebo, garage, swimming pool, retaining walls, fences and other detached structures are covered for the same types of loss as your home, and are typically insured at an automatic 10% of your dwelling coverage
- Personal property consisting of the contents of your primary residence and all your personal belongings. Coverage applies wherever your items happen to be—at home, in transit, in storage, anywhere in the world but are subject to exclusions.
- Loss of use If a fire or other covered loss makes it temporarily impossible for you to live at home, your policy pays for the extra living expenses you incur until repairs are completed.
- Personal liability Incase you are ever faced with a claim or lawsuit for injuring others or damaging others’ property, this coverage pays up to your liability limit for damages awarded to the "injured" party and cost of defending you.
- Medical payments to others pays medical expenses for anyone (other than a family member who resides with you) who is accidentally injured on your property, whether or not you caused the injury.
ADDITIONAL COVERAGES ARE AVAILABLE FOR AN ADDITIONAL PREMIUM FOR JEWELRY, CREDIT CARD FORGORY, PERSONAL INJURY, IDENTITY PROTECTION, TREES/SHRUBS, WATER BACK-UP, REFRIDGERED PROPERTY AND MORE.
Do you own a Condominium, Town Home or Co-Op?
STANDARD PROPERTY COVERAGES CHANGE SLIGHTLY SINCE YOU TYPICALLY ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR EXTERIOR WALLS. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT HOWEVER THAT YOU READ YOUR BY-LAWS & PROVIDE A COPY TO YOUR INSURANCE AGENT TO ENSURE YOU ARE COVERED ADEQUATELY.
Dwelling Since insurance coverage on your condominium,townhome or apartment building is normally purchased by your association, your dwelling coverage focuses on real property within your living quarters.
Alterations and improvements For example, your built-in cabinets, book shelves, appliances and interior partitioning.
- Common areas If your association by-laws require you to insure property outside your residence, such as a portion of your hallway floors or stairs, entrance way or sidewalk, you’re protected under your dwelling coverage.
- Structures you own that are located off premises A private garage or storage shed you own that is located in another part of your building complex would be covered.
- Personal property
- Loss of use
- Personal liability
- Medical payments to others
- Loss assessment (optional coverage at additional cost) If your activity center, swimming pool, golf course or other community grounds or buildings suffer damage, you can opt to have additional coverage that would pay for your portion of the shared amount divided up between the owners.
Do you own a single family home or multi-family home but rent it to others?
If so, then you need what is called a “Dwelling/Fire” policy. The coverage is referred to as an “ala-carte” policy as you can pick and choose the coverages listed in the “homeowner’s form” which you need. You can have all or just dwelling coverage.
Please contact an agent to discuss your situation and get advice on the coverage you need at a competitive price
Do you need Renter’s Insurance? What it covers.
Don’t rely on your landlord’s insurance to cover your belongings. Unless you rent quarters from a close relative and live under the same roof, your landlord’s insurance can’t help you.
Renter’s Insurance covers items such as your furniture, drapes, carpeting, TV and other appliances, clothing, shoes, sports equipment, cameras, CDs, tapes and books, whatever else you own and cherish.
STANDARD RENTERS POLICY INCLUDES:
- PERSONAL PROPERTY
- LOSS OF USE -
- PERSONAL LIABILITY – Which also protects you in the even you cause injury or property damage while away from your residence; skiing, golfing, playing basketball, etc.
- MEDICAL PAYMENTS
Please note, you can schedule any high valued jewelry items on a renters policy
If a devastating loss occurs, can you afford to replace all your possessions at today’s prices? Fortunately Renter’s Insurance is a very inexpensive solutions.
- Do you own a vacant property? Please call as we have a market just for you.
- Are you having a home built for you? Please see Commercial Lines products for Builders Risk.
- Have you had prior claims, bad credit, lapse in coverage? We have a market for you, please call.
- Coastal Properties – Our agency has access to very competitive rates in NJ for properties located within a mile of tidal water!
Some of the companies we represent include:
Harleysville Insurance Group, Tower National / Castlepoint Insurance, Travelers Insurance, Merchants Mutual and Mercer Mutual Insurance